Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Janus Chariot

I think this piece may exist in the same plane as The Great Wall.  I see the wall now though as less of a barrier and more like a boundary marker...like you're now entering the freeway or some such.

I want to say more about this piece, but I feel blocked on it.  It holds its knowledge in place like a weighted net.  Most of my pieces freely give up their thought or idea to description, but this one, apparently, doesn't want to share.  I've tried writing this description about fifteen different times.  I've left and returned, and still no information presents itself.  I can't even seem to remember what I was feeling when I created the piece.

I am going to let it go and let it be.  You guys tell me what you see / feel / experience.  Perhaps that is the answer here.  Let me know what you find.

{Digital Images manipulated in Photoshop}

2 comments:

Eddie said...

First impressions are of someone emerging from the surface of the water, much like Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now. Then again, I tend to see faces in everything.

Campbell3555 said...

I see faces in everything as well...and other...things. Thus much of my art. :-P I think we've discussed that before - the joy of finding imagery in art. If not, there it is.

When I was younger, I always kind of liked abstract work, but never quite understood it until I saw a Mark Rothko painting in person. In print, his work just looks like neat colored blocks, but in person they are very large. It becomes much more of a space to be investigated. It really changed my point of view on abstract work overall. How something simple can take on a much larger significance.

I need to paint again. It has been too long.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...