Wednesday, May 16, 2012

From the Archives: O, Before the Change

I swear I had posted this piece already, but I have scoured the archives here and cannot find it.  Ugh.  This is a portrait of a character from a comic strip I did in college, but in this image she is much more fabulous: The Fierce and Beautiful Madame O.


I did not realize it at the time I created this image, but this piece kind of documents the changes that I was going through at that time and I guess was a bit of a warning. The aspect of my personality represented by Madame O. was about to change forever.  Mme. O.  was a bit of an ice queen, and that fire in the background represented the end of her reign.  She was with me all throughout the 1990's.

I fought it, I denied it, but I couldn't hold her together through the onslaught of change that followed my life into the 2000's.  I enjoyed my time in Wunderland with Madame O. but sadly change was inevitable.  I've tried to revive the concept again and again over the years, but the energy is just gone.

Recommended Listening:
Grouper
Hold the Way
from Grouper / Roy Montgomery Split

{Sharpie and Prismacolor}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...