Wednesday, May 09, 2012

From The Archives: Temperance

A much older piece, I believe from the late 1990's.   I no longer own the physical piece so I cannot check the date.  In fact, the colors here are a little over saturated as I scanned this from a copy of the piece.  Thematically, a revelation to myself here of an expanding understanding of my personal interconnectedness, conscious to subconscious.


This is one of the few pieces I've created where I had an explicit view of the finished image before it was completed.  I usually wander through my pieces like a tourist, exploring them as they occur, but this one launched itself from the back of my mind, eager to be expressed as is.  Somewhere in my sketchbooks, there is a preliminary pencil sketch of this piece.  Once I find it I will post and update. 

Recommended Listening:
Hildur Guðnadóttir
into warmer air
from Without Sinking 

{Sharpie and Prismacolor Pencil}

1 comment:

Shannon said...

May 2000

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...