Friday, August 03, 2012

The Totemic Stag

Here is a Horned God image for the tail end of  Lughnasadh / Lammas (August 1st), first of the three harvest sabbats in the Wheel of the year.  In the end, another image of Baphomet, this time presented as a totemic Stag.  Another nod here as well to Susan Seddon Boulet.

I've always been drawn to totemic imagery and some of my first magickal experiences were shamanic.  In the early 1990's I was at a local bookstore and Ted Andrews book, Animal Speak , literally leapt off the shelf at me.  That book informed my path for the better part of twelve years.  Part of the reason I love bookstores and libraries: if you walk about in them enough, eventually the knowledge you need will find you.

Recommended Listening:
Apparat
Escape
from The Devil's Walk

{Digital Images manipulated in Photoshop}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...