Monday, October 08, 2012

Weekly Mandala: Four Hares

Here we have a strange feathery jeweled nest.  The center area makes me think of large metallic buttons or sequins, both of which have always had a certain magical quality for me.  Hares are often associated with magic and the Faerie realm.  It seems sensible to me that four of them would gather around such a lavish portal.  Be careful though, in the old stories hares are always tricksters and faerie glamour always hides a price.

I would also like to announce that I am going to take a sabbatical from any major work with Trail of Breadcrumbs.  I've been pushing myself really hard this year and I've accomplished a lot of what I set out to here on the Trail but with my current time and energy, something has to give and here is where I have the greatest flexibility.

I'll still be posting the Weekly Mandalas each Monday and new artwork each Friday.  I will be taking a hiatus from anything beyond the basic art posts I've been doing from the beginning.  Specifically, I will not be posting weekly horoscopes.  I don't feel I am adequately trained and I am merely parroting information from other more adept astrologers.  I'd prefer you go to their websites directly (see my sidebar) and just come to me for the pretty pictures.

I'm going to stick to what I know: the art.  I'll point to interesting material with links, but not much beyond that.    There may be less text, but the art will be present.  I just feel like I've been reaching into realms where I do not have the energy, drive, or knowledge to sustain a regular output.  Thus I am pulling back to re-investigate.  I hope you'll stick around while things are slow, but if not, it has been a pleasure.

Recommended Listening:
Cocteau Twins
Lazy Calm
from Victorialand

{Digital Images manipulated in Adobe Photoshop}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...