Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Business Card Set 1

These pieces are a set of business cards I designed for myself in 2004.  There were twelve designs in all.  I've separated them into two posts to give them some breathing room.  
 
 



My inspiration for these cards was in opposition to the static nature of business cards at that time.  I had just come off of working at Kinko's for almost six years and had seen an endless run of cards with nothing but text.  I wanted something that gave a better indication of the kind of work I was doing.  
 
I also wanted to give the cards a stronger visual impact, so that when I handed someone the card they would pause for a moment to look at the art.  At that time, I had only just begun doing graphic design.  I don't recall any of these landing me a job, but the cards were always remembered.  In these pieces you can see the seeds of the work I'm doing now here on Trail of Breadcrumbs and at Zombie Bites.
 
The original designs had more text, but I removed it to protect the innocent, so to speak.  There was a bit of a learning experience with these: some of the lettering on these was too fine and hard to read in medium to dim lighting.  I didn't catch it at the time, but I remedied that issue with my current business card.  Seeing these cards again has gotten me thinking that it might be time for a new set of cards.  Hmmmm - off to Vistaprint!
 
{Digital Images manipulated in Adobe Photoshop}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...