Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Interior Life From the Archives: The Well

Here is another piece from the Interior Life set.  At the time I drew this, there were several circumstances in my life that were endangering my emotional well being (no pun intended) and creative capacity.  A couple of other things inform this piece as well: 1) I have always had a fascination / fear of tornadoes and 2) rarely do line drawings of tornadoes embrace the chaos and ferocity of the event.  I tried to capture that here.  If I succeeded, I do not know.  That is decided by your eyes.

My goal with all of the Interior Life pieces was to try and capture the essences of my personal myths.  Moments, feelings, thoughts and their impact on me.  I hope that comes across , if not on the surface, then in the symbolic substructure of the pieces.
{Pen & Ink, Sharpie}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...