Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Weekly Mandala: Hope

I  usually avoid animated GIFs, but after seeing what Vincent did over in his blog, I got to thinking.  Let me know if this just annoying or if there is an entrancing element to it.  

Here is another bit of weirdness.  Look at the first line of text below the image and focus on it.  Stare for a few seconds and try to ignore everything around it.  After a bit it begins to look like you can reach your finger right over the edge into the mandala.  I love optical illusions like that.

{Digital images manipulated in Photoshop}

2 comments:

Eddie said...

The pulsing light is good, really adds to the 3D feel of the optical illusion. The animation is a bit choppy but that's just the nature of animated GIFs. Perhaps more intermediate frames might make for an overall smoother animation...? Anyway, those are my first impressions. Animated GIFs sure are fun to play with aren't they (i.e. BaboonTank)? : )

Campbell3555 said...

Yes on the addictive! Once I started, I had to pull myself back a bit...and get away for the computer because it felt like my eyes were going to melt out of my head. LOL. I'll add some more layers to smooth and and get back to you on that. :-)

I was really afraid that it was going to be super annoying, but that thought came after staring at it for about an hour after I finished making it to tweek and adjust. :-O LOL.

Thanks again Vincent. Always a pleasure! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...