Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Weekly Mandala: Rose Fire into Tipareth

There is something very soothing and safe in this piece.  All that warm yellow light...the comfort of a lazy afternoon.  The red would usually makes me think of something more sanguine, but here I feel contained and safe.  It evokes a sense of rose petals or the reddish color of shadows turn in the presence of a candle.  The source material for this did have candles in it, but I feel there is a difference between the mere presence of a candle and the comfort that comes from it.  So many of my pieces have an element of urgency or emergency in them, but I feel no danger here.  Makes me want to take a nap.

{Digital Images manipulated in Photoshop}

2 comments:

Eddie said...

You're right, it is warm and pleasant. Also reminds me of a Winamp visualization.

Campbell3555 said...

Wait til you see this next weeks. LOL. Let me know what you think.

I have wasted time staring into the Winamp visualizer. LOL. (drool)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...