Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Weekly Mandala: Auroras Compass and The Thorn Apple

The Compass of the Dawn and Compass of the Underworld. I was tempted to call the second piece The Apple of Eris, but I realized that our lady's apple would not nearly be so telling. The second piece is less about the sewing of discord and more about navigating the darkness.


Well now isn't that a hoot - I just looked up Thorn apple.  I had no idea that Datura was called thorn apple.  LOL.  I really had no idea.  I also chose the music below because I thought it went well with Aurora's Compass.  It sounded like the sun rising.  That makes these two pieces a good bit more connected than I guessed.  Man I love a good syncronicity!


Recommended Listening:
Talvekoidik
The Tree Knows A Secret
From the forthcoming
"Negotiate the Distance"
(Working Title?)

These two pieces were created from the same source material.

{Digital Images manipulated in Photoshop}





Update 011515:

A variation of Aurora's Compass is now available as a tshirt or other paraphernalia at my Neatoshop.  Drop by and check it out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...