Wednesday, February 06, 2013

From from the Archives: Cut up Piece

This piece did not make it to posting as quickly as I'd hoped.  Created in 2009, I had no established avenue at the time for my more adult pieces.  I'm glad this one is finally up. 

This piece was created during my first forays in to the realm of ritual Magick.  Being an attempt at visual Magick I feel like it may be very descriptive of my experiences at the time: rough around the edges, not a lot of clarity or focus, but very ecstatic.

This piece falls somewhere between  cutup technique, sigilization, and collage.  This was awhile back before I began working in my current style.  The cut up technique was a method popularized by Bryon Gysin and William S. Burroughs.

Recommended Listening:
Access to Arasaka
Nostromo
from Vessel EP

{Digital Images manipulated in Adobe Photoshop}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...